3.04.2008

Out with the orange, in with the new!


So I need some help....
My room needs a makeover. Living in my bright bold space for over 2 years has been amazing. The colors revive and excite me and my modern/sleek furniture has given some serious edge to a very drab palette. I need a change. I have decided to tone down the room a little and go with a more masculine western vintage vibe. Think branches and wood candles with glass chandeliers and floral wallpapers (see attached inspiration photos). The idea came to me when I saw a copy of Wouter Deruytter's "Cowboy Code" book at Barnes&Noble. the hard part for me is making sure I don't take this western thing to literal. I want to kind of hint at it but not shove it all over your face like a banana cream pie. Now what to do with that darn orange wall... I wish I could find some sort of faux wood wallpaper -- I'm just a little scared to paint it brown. Ideas? Please post comments yalls...





No comments: